Health and Safety
Health and Safety at QSI International School of Atyrau
The Health and Safety of our school community is our top priority. Parents should regularly check emails for the latest news and updates.
Members of the school community should report any COVID-19 related health concerns to the school immediately by contacting the school at +7 7122 51 83 97 or emailing Reception at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPPORTING OUR CHILDREN
COVID-19 has been declared a public health emergency by the World Health Organization (WHO) and uncertainty around this can bring about fear and worry within our community and with our students.
It is important to know that our children are looking to us for some reassurance and guidance concerning how to respond and feel.
Some strategies to build resilience and have reassuring conversations with kids are:
1. Stay Positive: Remember to keep calm. Anxiety and fear are easily picked up on by children. Having open and calm conversations helps ease any fearful or nervous feelings.
2. Stick to the facts: Gently correct any untrue statements or rumors about the virus. The CDC and WHO are good sources for information. Discuss that not everything they see or hear is real. It can also be helpful to discuss some of the positive news surrounding the virus. Consider media consumption and the sources of information.
3. Eliminate Stigma and Be Supportive: It is important how the coronavirus is explained to avoid any person/group from being blamed. Also explain that if someone has a fever, cough, or is feeling sick that this does not mean this person has the coronavirus. If you know of someone being teased about COVID-19, please tell a teacher, adult, or administrator. If you know someone who is feeling nervous, sad, or overwhelmed, please seek some support.
QSI Child Safeguarding and Protection Statement
QSI Schools adhere to the CEESA Safeguarding and Child Protection Statement and Commitments as written below.
QSI Safeguarding and Child Protection Statement
• Safeguarding and Child Protection is a priority for every QSI School.
• QSI commits to supporting school environments that safeguard children through both prevention and intervention.
• QSI works in cooperation with international agencies to ensure standards associated with best practices are regularly reviewed, revised, and applied in all operations, activities, and events.
• QSI leaders honor and uphold child protection guidelines and procedures in partnership with all stakeholders in their respective school communities.
All QSI schools will:
• Actively uphold the QSI Safeguarding and Child Protection Statement.
• Implement school-based Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies and Procedures that include regular onsite training.
• Employ safe recruitment practices consistent with Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies.
• Educate students and adults on Safeguarding and Child Protection.